Dave Carney 4/1/2021
What’s on the table today?: Bucks at Lakers / #11 UCLA vs #1 Gonzaga: Betting Preview
Tonight in Los Angeles the Bucks are taking on the “new look” Lakers (without A.D & LeBron) but with the newly acquired Andre Drummond starting at center. The Bucks are riding a three game losing streak while the Lakers have bounced back from a four game slide to win their past two.
We’ll also take an early look at the Final Four match-up between the surprising #11 UCLA Bruins and the steady #1 Gonzaga Bulldogs. UCLA is simply stunning the nation with their journey to the Final Four, becoming just the second play-in team in history, along with VCU in 2011, to make it to the Final Four. The Zags, well, have been the clear-cut best team in each of their tournament games scoring 98, 87, 83, and 85 respectively. This is going to be fun!
Below you’ll find the most current lines (as of this writing) along with the current total, recent trends for both games, and in red my thoughts on how I’d play each contest. As always I’m getting the most up-to-the-minute Vegas lines from VSIN, and our trends are coming to us from COVERS.com. Thanks for the assist and good luck on your bets!
Bucks (-8 ½) at Lakers total 222 (I like MIL to win, but I don’t trust them ATS. The OVER 222 looks like the play)
- Over is 5-0 in Bucks last 5 games as a favorite.
- Over is 6-1 in Bucks last 7 games following a ATS loss.
- Over is 5-1 in Bucks last 6 overall.
- Over is 5-1 in Bucks last 6 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
#11 UCLA vs #1 Gonzaga (-14) total 145 (As you can see, both of these teams are performing really well ATS. The total of 145 seems too high considering UCLA managed just 51 against MICH. My gut tells me to play GONZAGA minus the points)
- Bruins are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Bruins are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after allowing less than 50 points in their previous game.
- Bruins are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a ATS win.
- Bruins are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog.
- Bruins are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 NCAA Tournament games as an underdog.
- Bulldogs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- Bulldogs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a straight up win.
- Bulldogs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as a favorite.
- Bulldogs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 NCAA Tournament games as a favorite.
- Bulldogs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 neutral site games as a favorite.
- Bulldogs are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 NCAA Tournament games.
**For more info on TOTAL plays, OVER/UNDER, and PLUS/MINUS plays, TEASER cards and more, check back through some previous columns for detailed information**
REMEMBER – don’t bet based upon my recommendations. Do your research. Stay in your lane