Dave Carney 2/10/2022
On Tuesday, WKTY Cares made it’s first donation thanks to Kratt Lumber Company of La Crosse to the Terry Erickson Boys & Girls Club.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater La Crosse was established in 1965:
· 3,500 kids are served annually at our 8 sites with 52% qualifying for free/reduced Lunch. Sites include:
o Terry Erickson Club –By Logan High
· Nearly 700 kids attend our 8 Clubs daily
· We serve all school aged children (K-12th grade)
· We turn no child away, regardless of the families’ ability to pay the minimal fee
· Teen members are all able to attend for free.
· We serve a healthy snack and a meal to kids daily.
· Our Clubs have placed a strong focus on youth mental health. We have 2 Behavioral Health Specialists that are Mayo employees and work out of our Erickson and Mathy facilities to provide support to our members.
· The Core Programs that are offered at each of our Sites include:
o Academics-Having a great future starts with getting a good education. We provide a safe place for members to complete their homework with dedicated staff who serve as mentors and tutors. We also offer a variety of academic enrichment activities.
o Healthy Lifestyles- We understand that if kids learn healthy habits early on in life, they will be more likely to practice those habits as they grow. We are fully committed to creating healthy habits through providing daily physical fitness activities and healthy snacks and meals.
o Character & Leadership- The single most important thing we do at the Club is impact the lives of our members through positive mentoring from our staff.
· In addition to general Club programming, we also offer a variety of Athletic Programs throughout the year – volleyball, basketball, football, baseball, softball, wrestling. Over 1,500 youth participate in our athletic programs annually.
· We are currently working on an expansion of our workforce readiness programming to increase opportunities for middle and high school students to explore career paths.