Joe Daguanno’s Mock Drafts (w) special commentary by Peter “The Smoking Spider”
Dave Carney 4/29/2021
What’s on the table today?: Joe Daguanno’s Packers 7 Round Mock Draft & 1st Round NFL Mock Draft with special commentary by Peter “The Smoking Spider”
Green & Gold insider Joe Daguanno delivers to us today his full 7 Round Packer Mock Draft as well as his thoughts on how the 1st Round of the NFL Draft will look (player by slot not necessarily by team) will shake out.
Lending some special commentary to Joe’s Packer Mock is good friend of the show; “Peter the Smoking Spider” who famously grades each year’s Packers draft picks by the number of cigarettes each pick makes him want to smoke.
It’s very scientific.
Here’s to hoping tonight’s NFL Draft works out well for your team *(whoever that may be)* and for you as a fan. Many call the NFL Draft “Christmas in April” for football fans, and I can’t argue that take much at all. Enjoy!
Joe Daguanno’s 1st Round NFL Mock Draft
1) Jacksonville Jaguars Trevor Lawrence (-20000) to go 1st
2) New York Jets Zach Wilson (-5000) to go 2nd
3) San Francisco 49ers (from HOU through MIA) Mac Jones (-300) to go 3rd
4) Atlanta Falcons Kyle Pitts (+3500) to go 3rd, UNDER 5.5 (-300), OVER 5.5 (+230)
5) Cincinnati Bengals Penei Sewell
6) Miami Dolphins (from PHI) Ja’Marr Chase
7) Detroit Lions Jaylen Waddle
8) Carolina Panthers Justin Fields
9) Denver Broncos Micah Parsons
10) Dallas Cowboys Trey Lance
11) New York Giants Rashawn Slater
12) Philadelphia Eagles (from SF through MIA) Patrick Surtain
13) Los Angeles Chargers Christian Darrisaw
14) Minnesota Vikings Kwity Paye
15) New England Patriots Jaycee Horn
16) Arizona Cardinals Greg Newsome II
17) Las Vegas Raiders Teven Jenkins
18) Miami Dolphins Jaelan Phillips
19) Washington Football Team Zaven Collins
20) Chicago Bears Caleb Farley
21) Indianapolis Colts Devonta Smith
22) Tennessee Titans Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
23) New York Jets (from SEA) Najee Harris
24) Pittsburgh Steelers Alijah Vera-Tucker,
25) Jacksonville Jaguars (from LAR) Kadarius Toney
26) Cleveland Browns Jayson Oweh
27) Baltimore Ravens Rashod Bateman
28) New Orleans Saints Elijah Moore
29) Green Bay Packers Asante Samuel Jr.
30) Buffalo Bills Azeez Ojulari
31) Baltimore Ravens (from KC) Alex Leatherwood
32) Tampa Bay Buccaneers Rondale Moore
Joe Daguanno’s Packers 7 round Mock Draft – with special commentary from “Peter the Smoking Spider”
Peter Mocks the Mock
Round 1: No. 29 overall Round 2: No. 62 Round 3: No. 92 Round 4: No. 135, No. 142 Round 5: No. 173, No. 178 Round 6: No. 214, No. 220 Round 7: No. 256
Rd 1: (29) Asante Samuel Jr. CB 5’10” 185 FSU
One…just one celebratory cigarette and I can sleep easy. In the words of one of my idols, Tracy Morgan, “I’m getting everyone pregnant tonight!”
Rd 2: (62) Quinn Meinerz C 6’3” 320 Whitewater
This one’s a full pack…the dreaded “Big Po” shows up. Lots of potential but no 2020 tape, small school and shot up due to the Senior Bowl. Too bad there isn’t a Watt brother here for Joe to pick and go full homer. Alternatives could be LB Jabril Cox from LSU or CB Ifeatu Melifonwu from Syracuse. Would give them the chase LB to go with Martin/Barnes or outside CB to go with Samuel who could be more of a slot guy.
Rd 3: (92) Baron Browning LB 6’3” 240 OSU
Another one cigarette pick!!! This one please dip in poison and jam into each one of my eyes and then step on me with a Croc to put me out of my misery. No…just…no. Alternatives here could be CB Paulson Adebo from Standford or DT Tyler Shelvin from LSU
Rd 4: (135) Milton Williams DL 6’3” 285 La Tech
Half a carton, minimum. A man between positions is a man without a home…no thanks. Alternative could be WR Amari Rodgers from Clemson who would be a perfect slot receiver in the mold of Randall Cobb.
Rd 4: (142) Demetric Felton RB/WR 5’9” 189 UCLA
Second good one smoke pick…love Felton in the fourth!!!
Rd 5: (173) Frank Darby WR 6’0” 200 Arizona St.
Seems to be MVS 2.0 regarding his role and limitations. Maybe not bad if they let MVS walk after this year but most likely limited impact particularly in year one.
Rd 5: (178) D’ Ante Smith OT 6’5” 305 East Carolina
5 smoke pick. Love the position, not sure about the player as there’s questions he can keep weight on to compete at the next level. Could be several other Oline prospects at this point of the draft.
Rd 6: (214) Jermar Jefferson RB/WR 5’9” 217 OSU
This one’s a full pack to celebrate getting JJ in the sixth. Have seen him rated much higher but then again I saw a lot of folks mocking ESB to the Packers in Round 1 or 2 several years ago… “so you’re saying there’s a chance”
Rd 6: (220) Tarron Jackson Edge 6’3” 260 Coastal Carolina
This pick I missed because ESPN cut to commercial for the fourth time while the Packers were picking and I was still finishing from the previous pick. Depth and Special Teams contributors are what you’re looking for here and this guy is both and that may be all he is.
Rd 7: (256) Deommodore Lenoir CB 5’11” 202 Oregon
This one will take me about six smokes to figure out how to pronounce his first name. Already looking at who goes undrafted at this point of the draft, may have even fallen asleep. He’s a guy.