Dave & Kristy Carney 8/30/2021
This morning on the WKTY Morning Show during “Hot & Cold” BTYB: The Recovery Room; I was talking about how my lovely wife Kristy came up with an extraordinary twist on a summer garden, frozen gem, Carney Cucumber Sorbet, and listeners wanted to know how to make it.
Since I had absolutely NO idea I asked Mrs. Carney to help me with this passing of recipe request and she, in her graciousness agreed! Take a look below for how you too can take your excess garden cucumbers and turn them into an absolute delight that’ll cool you down on a hot day. Enjoy!!!
- 2 pounds* cucumber chunks – peeled and de-seeded
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cups sugar
- Wash, peel and deseed the cucumbers. Cut cucumbers into chunks
- Put the cucumber chunks into a blender along with the lime juice and sugar
- Blend until smooth
- Transfer the puree to the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once the sorbet is frozen, transfer to a freezer safe container and store in the freezer.
If you want to make sorbet without an ice cream maker, put the puree into a freezer safe container and freeze for 2 hours. Remove from the freezer and using a fork, break up the frozen parts and stir them into the puree. Freeze for another hour and then stir again. Continue freezing and stirring until the sorbet is completely frozen. It should take 4-6 hours.
*This weight is after the cucumbers have been peeled and de-seeded