Dave Carney 6/24/2021
What’s on the table today?: Knights @ Canadiens Game 6 & Suns @ Clippers Game 3 Betting preview + Jon Denton’s Special
Tonight in the NHL the Vegas Golden Knights are in Montreal in hopes of forcing a Game 7 back in Las Vegas after dropping Game 5 in OT.
The Knights are currently favorites (-145) and the Canadiens the home underdog at (+131) with the goal total set at 5. Based upon recent trends for both clubs, the UNDER 5 goals looks like the smart play.
- Under is 2-0-3 in Golden Knights last 5 overall.
- Under is 3-0-1 in Golden Knights last 4 following a home loss of 3 or more goals.
- Under is 3-0-3 in Canadiens last 6 overall.
- Under is 3-0-1 in Canadiens last 4 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
In the NBA Playoffs, the Clippers are hosting the Suns in Game 3 after the Clippers gave away Game 2 in Phoenix with Paul George missing two key free throws with the Clips up by one. On the ensuing possession, which in real time lasted about 10 years, the Suns stunned the Clippers on a lob to DeAndre Ayton who slammed it home and the Suns win by one, 104-103.
Tonight, despite being back at home in L.A., the Clippers are underdogs at (+1) and the Suns favored at (-1). That is essentially a PICK ‘EM game and neither Jon Denton or I wanted to make a play on that. Instead I’m making a play on the total going OVER 221 with my focus being on these recent trends pointing to the over as a solid move.
- Over is 11-1 in Suns last 12 games as a road favorite.
- Over is 5-1 in Suns last 6 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600
- Over is 5-2 in Clippers last 7 overall
Staying on this game for the Jon Denton Special, Jon has taken a stab at a player prop bet: DeAndre Ayton OVER 20.5 points at (+230) at BetMGM. Phoenix’s big man is having a great postseason, averaging 15.6 points per game on 71.6 percent shooting from the floor and has gone OVER 20 and 10 five times already this postseason.
**For more info on TOTAL plays, OVER/UNDER, and PLUS/MINUS plays, TEASER cards and more, check back through some previous columns for detailed information**
REMEMBER – don’t bet based upon my recommendations. Do your research. Stay in your lane