Dave Carney 6/16/2021
What’s on the table today?: NBA Wednesday Night: Betting Preview and Predictions
Wow, the NBA postseason looks like it’ll be determined by who’s the healthiest team when all is said and done. That can be the case in any postseason, but as of Wednesday morning we now see the Suns’ Chris Paul out indefinitely in the COVID-19 protocol, and the Clippers Kawhi Leonard may miss the remainder of the series versus the Jazz with a knee injury.
This has, and will cause MAJOR line movement for both of the teams as the Playoffs continue.
Early this morning, the Clippers were (+2.5), but since the news of Kawhi’s injury the number has swelled all the way to (+7), and could go higher. If the Suns were playing tonight (currently waiting on the winner of the Jazz/Clippers series) they would no doubt see a massive line swing with Paul being out as well.
More than ever, this year will be about health. Who’s got it, and who doesn’t.
NBA Playoffs Wednesday
- Hawks (+6.5) @ Sixers (-6.5) / total 224 (my prediction: take the Hawks +6.5) If Joel Embiid is feeling better, Philly could easily cover. However, the way that Embiid limped off the court in Atlanta after an 0-12 second half in Game 4, the fact that Ben Simmons simply can’t shoot, leads me to believe the Hawks are in a good spot to cover this spread.
- Hawks are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games following a straight up win.
- Clippers (+7) @ Jazz (-7) / total 221 (my prediction: take the UNDER 221) As noted above the Clippers are now without Kawhi for Game 5, and possibly the series. The Clippers haven’t been an offensive juggernaut with Leonard on the floor, but they surely won’t be one without him. The Jazz will keep this lower scoring and look to retake command of this series.
- Under is 4-0 in Jazz last 4 games following a straight up loss of more than 10 points.
- Under is 4-0 in Clippers last 4 Wednesday games.
- Under is 6-1 in Clippers last 7 games following a straight up win of more than 10 points.
- Under is 9-2-1 in Clippers last 12 games following a straight up win
**For more info on TOTAL plays, OVER/UNDER, and PLUS/MINUS plays, TEASER cards and more, check back through some previous columns for detailed information**
REMEMBER – don’t bet based upon my recommendations. Do your research. Stay in your lane