Dave Carney 6/1/2021
What’s on the table today?: Betting Preview and predictions for NBA & NHL Playoffs
NBA Playoffs (Tuesday)
- Celtics (+12 ½) @ Nets (-12 ½) / total 233 ½ (my prediction: take the OVER 233 ½. Yes this is a big number but in the last game between these two clubs Brooklyn won 141-126. They play NO defense. This game goes OVER fairly easily)
- Over is 9-2 in Celtics last 11 games following a ATS loss.
- Over is 4-1 in Nets last 5 overall.
- Trailblazers (+2) @ Nuggets (-2) / total 226 (my prediction: take the OVER 226)
- Over is 4-0 in Trail Blazers last 4 playoff games as an underdog
- Over is 5-0 in Nuggets last 5 games playing on 2 days rest.
- Lakers (+5) @ Suns (-5) / 1st half total 105 ½ (my prediction: take the UNDER 105 ½ 1st half bet. No Anthony Davis means more LBJ, and in the 1st half in PHX, expect a tough defensive battle)
- Under is 4-0-1 in Lakers last 5 overall.
- Under is 3-0-1 in Lakers last 4 games as a road underdog.
- Under is 3-0-1 in Suns last 4 overall
NHL Playoffs (Tuesday)
- Tampa Bay Lightning (-105) @ Carolina Hurricanes (-115) / 5.5 total goals (my prediction: take the UNDER 5.5 goals)
- Under is 3-0-1 in Lightning last 4 games as an underdog.
- Under is 9-1-1 in Lightning last 11 games as a road underdog
- Under is 4-1 in Hurricanes last 5 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Under is 4-1 in Hurricanes last 5 home games
**For more info on TOTAL plays, OVER/UNDER, and PLUS/MINUS plays, TEASER cards and more, check back through some previous columns for detailed information**
REMEMBER – don’t bet based upon my recommendations. Do your research. Stay in your lane