Dave Carney 5/26/2021
What’s on the table today?: NBA & NHL Playoff Wednesday: Odds & Trends
More exciting action tonight in the NBA and NHL Playoffs with the Golden Knights looking to close out the Wild in the NHL, the Wizards looking to even the series against the Sixers in the NBA and the Utah Jazz looking to hold off the red-hot 8 seeded Memphis Grizzlies also in the NBA.
Find below our betting preview, along with trends and my predictions for each. Our Trends and Odds courtesy today of Covers.com:
NBA Wednesday Playoffs: Odds, Trends & My Prediction
- Wizards @ Sixers (-8 ½) / total 230 ½ (my prediction: take the OVER 230 ½)
- Over is 6-1 in Wizards last 7 games as a road underdog.
- Over is 4-0 in 76ers last 4 games as a home favorite
- Hawks @ Knicks (-2) / total 212 ½ (my prediction: take the Knicks -2)
- Knicks are 5-0-1 ATS in their last 6 games playing on 2 days rest
- Grizzlies @ Jazz (-9 ½) / total 219 (my prediction: take the Grizzlies +9.5)
- Grizzlies are 10-2 ATS in their last 12 games as an underdog
NHL Wednesday Playoffs: Odds, Trends & My Prediction
- Penguins (-110) @ Islanders (-110) / total goals 5.5 (my prediction: take the OVER 5.5 goals)
- Over is 4-1 in Penguins last 5 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game
- Over is 4-1 in Islanders last 5 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game
- Predators (+125) @ Lightning (-145) / total goals 6 (my prediction: take the OVER 6 goals)
- Over is 5-1-1 in Panthers last 7 games following a win
- Over is 4-0 in Lightning last 4 home games
- Golden Knights (-133) @ Wild (+120) / total goals 5.5 (my prediction:
- Golden Knights are 5-0 in their last 5 Wednesday games.
- Golden Knights are 4-1 in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
**For more info on TOTAL plays, OVER/UNDER, and PLUS/MINUS plays, TEASER cards and more, check back through some previous columns for detailed information**
REMEMBER – don’t bet based upon my recommendations. Do your research. Stay in your lane