Dave Carney 5/24/2021
What’s on the table today?: Monday’s NBA & NHL Playoff games: Odds & Trends
Starting off our week with a double-helping of NBA postseason action and NHL Playoffs. This is the PERFECT time of the year to be a sports bettor (except in the NFL season of course), as there are so many different games and sports to bet on.
Today, a breakdown of the Odds and Trends, along with my prediction for each game, in the NBA and NHL.
Monday Night NBA Playoffs:
- Heat at Bucks (-4 ½) / Total 222 ½ (my prediction: take the OVER 222 ½)
- Over is 4-0 in Heat last 4 games following a straight up loss.
- Over is 5-1 in Bucks last 6 games following a straight up win
- Trail Blazers at Nuggets (-1 ½) / Total 227 (my prediction: take the NUGGETS -1 ½)
- Nuggets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a double-digit loss at home.
- Nuggets are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 Conference Quarterfinals games.
Monday Night NHL Playoffs:
- Toronto (-165) at Montreal (+145) / Total 5.5 goals (my prediction: take the UNDER 5.5 goals)
- Under is 5-1-2 in Maple Leafs last 8 games following a win.
- Under is 5-0-1 in Canadiens last 6 when their opponent scores 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- Under is 5-1-1 in Canadiens last 7 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.
- New York Islanders (+120) @ Pittsburgh (-140) / Total 5.5 goals (my prediction: take the PENGUINS -140)
- Penguins are 5-0 in their last 5 games following a loss of 3 or more goals
- Tampa Bay (-105) at Florida (-105) / Total 6 goals (my prediction: take the OVER 6 goals)
- Over is 5-1 in Lightning last 6 games as a favorite
- Over is 4-0-1 in Panthers last 5 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Over is 6-1-2 in Panthers last 9 games as a home underdog.
- Edmonton (-120) at Winnipeg (+100) / Total 5.5 goals (my prediction: take the UNDER 5.5 goals)
- Under is 6-0 in Oilers last 6 games playing on 0 days rest
- Under is 5-1 in Oilers last 6 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game
- Under is 4-1 in Jets last 5 overall
- Minnesota (+160) at Vegas (-179) / Total 5.5 goals (my prediction: take VEGAS -179)
- Golden Knights are 10-1 in their last 11 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game
- Golden Knights are 4-1 in their last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game
- Wild are 10-27 in their last 37 playoff games as an underdog
**For more info on TOTAL plays, OVER/UNDER, and PLUS/MINUS plays, TEASER cards and more, check back through some previous columns for detailed information**
REMEMBER – don’t bet based upon my recommendations. Do your research. Stay in your lane