Dave Carney 5/20/2021
What’s on the table today?: NHL Playoffs & NBA Play-In Thursday night odds and trends
Another BIG night of NHL postseason action and the final Eastern Conference NBA Play-In game featuring the Pacers and Wizards.
Below you’ll find the current odds as well as trends (thanks to Covers.com) to help guide you should you decide to make a play on any of this evening’s offerings. I’ve also denoted my PREDICTION next to each game in case you’re looking for somebody to blame should you lose. I’m nice like that.
Enjoy the action, never bet above your head, and good luck!
NBA State Farm Play-IN
- Pacers @ Wizards (-3 ½) / total 237 ½ (My prediction: take the OVER 237 ½. Yes that is a big number, but both of these teams are bad on defense, and the short handed Pacers just put up 144 on the Hornets)
- Wizards are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS loss.
- Pacers are 6-0-1 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
- Over is 8-1 in Pacers last 9 games following a ATS win.
- Over is 11-1 in Wizards last 12 vs. a team with a losing straight up record.
- Panthers (+110) at Lightning (-130) / Over/Under 5.5 goals (My prediction: take the Panthers +110 on the Moneyline. The NHL Playoffs are a grind and FLA is due for their 1st series win)
- Panthers are 4-1 in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest
- Penguins (-110) at New York Islanders (-110) / Over/Under 5.5 goals (My prediction: take the OVER 5.5 goals)
- Over is 9-2 in Penguins last 11 road games.
- Over is 5-1 in Islanders last 6 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game
- Canadiens (+177) at Maple Leafs (-213) / Over/Under 5.5 goals (My prediction: take the Maple Leafs on the Moneyline)
- Maple Leafs are 4-0 in their last 4 games as a home favorite.
- Maple Leafs are 4-0 in their last 4 home games
- Golden Knights (-110) at Wild (-110) / Over/Under 5.5 goals (My prediction: take the Golden Knights on the Moneyline)
- Golden Knights are 8-1 in their last 9 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Golden Knights are 4-1 in their last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
- Golden Knights are 8-2 in their last 10 road games.
**For more info on TOTAL plays, OVER/UNDER, and PLUS/MINUS plays, TEASER cards and more, check back through some previous columns for detailed information**
REMEMBER – don’t bet based upon my recommendations. Do your research. Stay in your lane