NBA Play-In Tuesday & NHL Playoffs Monday: Betting odds and trends
Dave Carney 5/17/2021
What’s on the table today?: NBA Tuesday Play-In odds & trends + NHL Monday Playoff odds
On Tuesday the NBA’s first even State Farm Play-In Tournament will tip off with a pair of games in the Eastern Conference (Hornets @ Pacers and Wizards @ Celtics).
Today (Monday) the NHL Post-season continues after a magnificent start to the Playoffs on Sunday, with all but one game (Tampa Bay vs Florida) going into overtime to decide the winner.
NBA State Farm Play-In Tournament (Tuesday)
- Hornets @ Pacers (-3) / total 229 (my prediction: Take the UNDER 229)
- Under is 5-1 in Hornets last 6 road games vs. a team with a losing home record.
- Under is 3-0-1 in Pacers last 4 vs. a team with a losing straight up record.
- Wizards @ Celtics (-1) / total 234 ½ (my prediction: Take the Wizards +1)
- Wizards are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog.
- Wizards are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games as a road underdog.
- Wizards are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
NHL Playoffs (Monday)
- Bruins -130 at Capitals +110 (my prediction: Take the Bruins on the Moneyline -130)
- Bruins are 9-2 in their last 11 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.
- Predators +165 at Hurricanes -185 / Over / Under 5 goals (my prediction: Take the UNDER 5 goals)
- Under is 4-0 in Predators last 4 games as a road underdog.
- Under is 7-1-1 in Hurricanes last 9 vs. a team with a winning record.
- Blues +250 at Avalanche -300 (my prediction: Take the Avs -300 on the Moneyline)
- Avalanche are 38-15 in their last 53 games as a favorite
**For more info on TOTAL plays, OVER/UNDER, and PLUS/MINUS plays, TEASER cards and more, check back through some previous columns for detailed information**
REMEMBER – don’t bet based upon my recommendations. Do your research. Stay in your lane